Back to Mike's Reel Repair Main Page Mike's Reel Repair
Fishing forum to discuss everything relating to fishing and fishing gear.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Shop for PartsOrder Parts   Schematics
 RegisterRegister

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

shimano corsair cs 300

View previous topic :: View next topic  
foulpole18

blank.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:07 am    Post subject: shimano corsair cs 300 Reply with quote

Here is the problem I'm having. When I give the rod a sharp jerk sometimes(not always) the drag or anti reverse slips.

I haven't used this reel in a couple years due to this problem. I just found this site and figured it would hurt to see if I could get some info to fix it myself.

Thanks

Brian
Ken D

Location: 14 hours drive to Mike's shop from: Scenic Smithers, BC

canada.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, is it the 300, or the 300A? A jerk will break the drag, that's normal.

Make it do it again, and see what the handle does, with all hands off the handle.
foulpole18

blank.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there anything I can look for that could be broken on the inside? It's a little to cold for my liking to being out trying to make the reel do something.

I don't remember what the handle did. When I would use it I would put my thumb on the spool when setting hooks or jerking baits. I do remember that it didn't happen all the time. Just intermittinently. I know kind of like taking your vehicle in for repairs and telling the guy it doesn't do it all the time.

Could I just replace the drag and the anti reverse or will that be a waste of money.

Thanks

Brian
Ken D

canada.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, I understand the cold..we are past casting as I type, all the guides would just ice right up....it's presently 20 above 0 F.

There is a difference between the 300 and the 300A. The afftected parts are usually not overly spendy, but you need to determine which it is you have.

Mike has both schematics listed as CS300 and CS300A. They should be the ones. You can open yours, and see what's going in inside, and get the stock numbers.

Shimano has a factory 800 number for help, and parts needs.
Search shimano reels for the web page. there, will be a support number.
Striper57

blank.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Same problem on mine Reply with quote

I have practically the same problem with my Corsair. It is a CS 300, not a 300a and I downloaded the schematics and I do know it is the anti-reverse that needs to be fixed, I am just wondering as to what parts need to be replaced to do so, if anyone knows. Thanks!
Sponsor
Ken D

canada.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll check with Mike's if I can get through today... in the meantine, there are several dedicated shimano forums, the most popular one based in TX called 2cool....

Quickest way is to search 2cool message board, and once found, scroll down a few boards to the loomis powerpro and shimano one.

Bantam1 is the Shimano rep, and has several outher boards he does. But 2cool appears to the be most frequented.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mike's Reel Repair Forum Index -> Repairs All times are GMT + 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: